SEASONAL USES for the StripHair Gentle Groomer
StripHair gentle grooming tools are ideal for daily use in all seasons. In the WINTER months you can feel confident that StripHair tools will not remove any of your horse's much-needed coat until it naturally releases from the skin in the SPRING.
FALL & WINTER USES
Sweep away dirt and debris
Remove dried mud from the coat and hooves
Warm the back and muscles before a ride
Groom to stimulate blood circulation for good health
Betty's Best Tip: Use your Gentle Grooming tools to make your horse feel relaxed and loved!
SPRING & SUMMER USES
Grooming, shedding, cleaning and shining the short coat is what StripHair does the best! Watch our videos to see the StripHair groomers in action during the Spring and Summer months.
- Sheds a winter coat quickly and easily
- Removes dried mud and sweat
- Grooms between tendons and other tender areas
- Stimulates circulation and gently massages
- Cleans off mud, debris and flakes from hoof walls
- Distributes skin's natural oils for a softer, shinier coat
- Removes the dreaded leg crud comfortably
- Lathers shampoo, then slicks off rinse water
- Erases saddle and bridle marks after a ride
- ◄How do I use the StripHair tools?
The large tool is a real workhorse. Use it to groom, shed, massage,scrub, and slick the horse's upper body.
- Use 2 hands on the tool to shed and massage all the big broad areas.
- Use 1 or 2 hands on the tool to groom, depending on your comfort preference and the job at hand.
- To remove loose hair, dirt and dander – hold your StripHair at a 45° angle and with a moderate amount of pressure sweep in the direction of the hair growth.
- To remove dried mud and sweat – use the textured side as you would a curry in a circular motion to break up dried mud and sweat.
- To bathe your horse – use the textured side to work up a lather. Gently scrub in a circular motion to clean the skin and coat of dirt and sweat.
- To squeegee after bathing – rinse your horse and use the edge to slick off excess water. It’s flexible and gentle enough to use everywhere!
The small tool is just right for 1-hand use and conveniently fits in a pocket to keep handy. It is extra flexible and safe for use on the face, bony areas and between tendons.
- To clean the hoof wall – use the small tool to scrub away mud and flaky pieces without causing harm to the hoof wall.
- ◄How do I use the Healthy Skin spray and Grooming Cloth that come in the kit?
- The Healthy Skin spray and Grooming Cloth complement the StripHair grooming tools that are designed to nourish the horse’s skin and coat.
Betty’s Best Healthy Skin is made of all-natural ingredients. It can be used as a finishing spray to give a soft shine that is not too slick, and it smells great too! Betty formulated her Healthy Skin spray as a spot treatment for the healing and relief of common skin problems such as dry and flaky skin, bug bites, skin irritations, scabs, skin-scald and more. Note: Please test a small area of skin to make sure your horse is not allergic to any of these natural ingredients. Your horse will thank you.
Betty’s Best Grooming Cloth can be moistened with water to safely clean around your horse’s eyes, nose and mouth. It rinses clean and dries in a snap! The cloth is durable and antimicrobial, so it can be used again and again to clean the face or wipe dust from the coat for that finishing touch.
- ◄What makes StripHair gentle?
- It’s different! Traditional horse grooming tools can scratch the skin with a blade, teeth, or stiff bristles. StripHair by contrast is a gentle yet effective grooming tool. This unique patent pending product uses a flexible rubber edge that conforms to the horse’s body to remove hair, dirt and dander. In addition, the groomer has a textured side that curries away dried mud and sweat without scratching the skin. StripHair offers a gentle yet effective grooming experience that your horse will love!
- ◄Is StripHair more than a shedding tool?
- Yes indeed! You can safely use this tool to shed, groom, curry, bathe, slick and even massage your horse.
- ◄How is shedding and grooming with StripHair different than other tools?
StripHair is comfortable. There is nothing sharp to scrape the skin unnecessarily, and nothing to pull or cut hairs like other shedding tools can. Horses love that StripHair massages the muscles and just feels good all over!
StripHair produces a shiny, springtime coat, whereas a blade can fray hair ends and dull the appearance of the coat. StripHair is mildly grippy so it is effective at removing hair and skin debris. In addition, with each stroke natural oils from the skin are being distributed into the coat for a beautiful shine!
StripHair is safe to use in the winter months. The Gentle Groomer only removes hair that is loosened from the hair follicle and ready to shed, naturally. You can use the StripHair groomer on the winter coat without worry of removing hair.
- ◄How do I clean my StripHair tools?
StripHair stays relatively clean. The tools will not hang onto hair and dirt like traditional tools because there are no bristles or places for hair, dirt and grime to collect. Just rinse with water or wipe with a dampened cloth occasionally. Think of the time you will save if you don’t have to clean out brushes! Additionally, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents are added to our material so it will not harbor or grow bacteria. Should you be worried about any type of cross-contamination between horses then simply wipe the tool with a disinfectant.
- ◄Does StripHair work on dogs and cats?
- Our current StripHair Kit was designed for the grooming needs of the larger body and coat type of a horse, but the "gentle grooming edge" and grippy material make the StripHair groomers useful in removing loose hair from most any type of coat... Prompted by an overwhelming number of requests, we are currently working on bringing you patent-pending StripHair grooming products specifically designed for dogs and cats. Please use the CONTACT Form on StripHair.com and ask to be notified when the pet grooming products become available, or just say "Add me to the List!"
- ◄Can I buy just the StripHair tools and not the Kit?
- The StripHair grooming tools are currently manufactured as a set and come in a KIT with a skin treatment spray and cloth. The products in the Kit were designed to be an all-purpose solution to caring for the skin and coat. The tools cannot be purchased individually. Check out the StripHair Facebook Reviews and you will see why people love the StripHair Kit!
- ◄Are you looking for StripHair product Retailers?
- Yes, Betty's Best does offer wholesale to qualified businesses. Please use the Contact Form to request information. Please provide us with your contact information, web and/or store address and social links. Note: a business registration number is required to open an account. We sell and ship directly to retailers. Thank you so much for your interest.
- ◄What is the delivery time and shipping cost in the US?
- Packages typically arrive to all US locations via USPS in 3-4 business days. You will receive an email with tracking number on the day your order has been shipped. For the average order of 1-2 StripHair Kits or Bundles, the flat-rate shipping option is currently $6.96. Save on shipping and order with a friend!
- ◄Do you ship internationally?
- Yes! We ship to most parts of Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Check out our RETAILERS tab if you would like to see if you can purchase StripHair in your country.
International packages typically arrive in about 8 days. You will receive an email with tracking number on the day your order has shipped. The flat rate $32.90US shipping cost is the same for either 1 or 2 StripHair Kits or Bundles, so order with a friend and save on shipping!
Will I have to pay international customs fees like duty and tax? Most countries charge Sales Tax and duty to the recipient on goods ordered from abroad. Check your local customs authority website for VAT or GST rates, customs tariffs and other fees. StripHair product materials are sourced and manufactured in the USA which qualifies them for duty-free customs clearance in Canada and Australia.
- ◄Is StripHair Guaranteed?
- Yes! If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason you can return the product in the original packaging within 60 days for a refund of the full product price, not including shipping. Please see the Guarantee page for details on the StripHair guarantee, warranty against defects, and how to request a refund.
If you still have questions:
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call us at 805.500.8298