Answers to the most common questions about the StripHair Gentle Groomer, such as how to use the multi-purpose StripHair Groomer compared to a horse brush, curry, shedder, or scraper to save you time and money, while providing comfort and safety to your horse.
Gain an overview in FAQs to see how to use StripHair for improving performance, health and beauty in sport and show horses. Discover how The Gentle Groomer is used to calm and comfort an anxious or recovering horse, and provides therapeutic benefits to all horses, especially the aging, athletic, boarded and stall-bound. Learn more on StripHair.com tabs: FAQs, BLOG, VIDEOS and SHOP product pages for how to care for the body, skin and coat of your horse using the StripHair Groomer and Betty's Best companion products. SHOP the StripHair Horse Bundle for 8 items discounted 35% + limited time free shipping!
- Removes loose hair
- Sweeps away dirt and debris
- Removes dried mud from coat
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Massages muscles
- Helps shed winter coat in early spring
- Grooms sensitive areas gently
- Lathers shampoo, slicks off rinse water
- Erases saddle and bridle sweat marks after a ride
- Cleans mud and flakes from hoof walls
- Removes skin build-up on the cannon bone
- Distributes skin’s natural oils for a softer, shinier coat
StripHair only removes hair that is naturally ready to release so you can safely use The Gentle Groomer throughout the winter months.
- Sweep dirt and debris from the coat
- Remove dried mud from the coat and hooves
- Warm the back and muscles before saddling up
- Groom to stimulate blood circulation for better health, especially when exercise is infrequent
Wet Skin Tips:
- Use the Edge feature as a water scraper on a rain-drenched coat, then use the Diamond feature as a curry to aerate and dry the coat.
-Use the Edge to gently scrape areas prone to fungal and bacterial infections in the wet months of rain and mud, lift up the hairs using the Groomer, then spray the skin and coat with Betty's Best HEALTHY SKIN.
Hold at a 45-degree angle to:
- Sweep away all loose hair
- Remove dirt and dander right down to the skin
- Remove excess sweat
- Squeegee excess water after a bath
- Massage hard working muscles
Large Diamonds - Use the large, flat surface of the groomer to:
- Break up dried mud and sweat
- Stimulate and increase circulation to the skin
- Lather shampoo
Small Diamonds - Use tapered ends to:
- Groom around eyes and muzzle safely
- Groom around ears
- Groom the legs, between tendons and all delicate areas
StripHair contours to your horse’s body and has a unique talent for pin-pointing soreness, which could be an injury or a precursor to one.
The groomer helps you be just that much more attentive to your horse. Horses that feel good can perform their best!
Yes! The Gentle Groomer was put to the test by equine professionals for a full year prior to the product release, with excellent ratings.
These experts in the field include large animal and equine veterinarians, farriers, sport-horse trainers, natural horsemanship trainers, breeders, therapists and grooms--many well-known for their accomplishments.
Sign up for BETTY BUZZ email news for new product releases & specials + interviews, demos and tips with equine professionals.
Convenience: Betty’s custom design does the job of many tools; it’s a real time-saver.
Comfort: The groomer is easy to use and gentle on your animal.
Cleanliness: The rubber blend is non-porous, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- No sharp edges or bristles that can harm the skin, create dander or dull the coat.
- Flat-edge design applies even, gentle pressure to “pop” dirt, grit and dander to the surface.
- Stimulates blood flow for healthier skin and coat.
- Relaxes hair follicles so that the hairs lie flat.
- Distributes the skin’s natural oils for softness and shine.
Betty’s proprietary rubber blend was formulated to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus. The rubber’s unique grip is a product of a complex formulation for optimal performance, with just the right amount of softness for comfort.
The material of the StripHair Gentle Groomer is a custom-blend of rubber that was formulated with an extra “grip” factor for removing loose hair, comfortably and effectively.
Flexibility: Conforms to the body and comfortably grooms bony areas
Size: 9-inch length is ideal for grooming medium to large-size animals.
Design: non-clogging diamond texture and grippy straight edge have many applications
For general cleaning, simply rinse with water or wipe with a dampened cloth. Mild soap and warm water or a disinfectant may be used to ensure contaminants are not passed on from one animal to another. Air dry.
The Gentle Groomer will not fray hairs, which means a glossier finish on the coat. It removes dirt trapped beneath the hair without any need for harsh movements or sharp edges. Using the flat edge of the StripHair Groomer will not irritate the skin or create dander. And, you can safely use The Gentle Groomer on sensitive areas like the face and legs.
Absolutely! The Gentle Groomer sheds, dislodges, removes, erases, warms, lathers, squeegees and massages. It’s an all-in-one tool that will simplify your grooming routine.
This all-natural spray helps alleviate minor skin irritations. Betty’s recipe includes thirteen plant-based ingredients and essential oils for relief from such common issues as rain rot, skin scald, cannon bone scurf, contact dermatitis and more.
- Safe, all-natural ingredients are a healthy alternative to medicated skin sprays
- Naturally anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial
- Repels external parasites and flying insects
- Calms skin irritations
- Nourishes dry skin
- Shines coat with natural oils
Ingredients: Purified water, Vegetable Glycerin, Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera, Argan Oil, Avocado Oil, Sunflower Oil, and the following essential oils: Geranium, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Rosemary, Lemongrass & Cedarwood.
Note: As with any new topical skin product, read the list of ingredients for any known allergies. Discontinue use and rinse area with water if irritation occurs. Keep out of eyes, nose and mouth.
Step 1: Use the edge of the Gentle Groomer at a 45-degree angle to gently remove unwanted larva, fungus or bacteria from infected area.
Step 2: Use the smaller diamonds on the tapered surface of your Gentle Groomer to gently dislodge unwanted skin build-up.
Step 3: Sweep away debris with the Gentle Grooming Edge.
Step 4: Shake bottle and spray Healthy Skin directly on the problem area until saturated. Repeat up to four times daily until the symptoms are gone and the skin has been restored to good health.